Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Job posting number: #7058245 (Ref:63ebf043)
Posted: June 26, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Natural Language Processing and Linguistics
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available in the Cleveland Clinic Quantitative Health Sciences Department
Job Profile Summary - Utilizes computer programming skills as well as basic statistical and predictive modeling to train and perform natural language processing tasks on clinical notes. Must have experience with cTAKES and/or Stanford NLP frameworks.
• Performs natural language processing tasks for information extraction from free-text visit notes and procedure reports.
• Trains and improves parsers for sentence detection, named entity recognition, negation, conditionality, feature extraction, etc.
• Implements standard ontology dictionary for named entity recognition & feature extraction.
• Assists with scope and task plan development; provides input to resource requirement development.
• Consults on natural language processing tools for research projects.
• Fosters innovation and learning through sharing design ideas and mentoring team members.
• Must be able to effectively and efficiently multitask.
Competencies (Complexity of Work):
• Requires critical thinking skills, problem solving, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Database querying experience is helpful.
• Due to size of available dataset, experience with big data and code debugging for performance improvement is suggested. Dataset is in the hundreds of millions of records spanning over 20 years of systems and formats.
Training and Work Experience:
• Must possess a minimum training of 2 years in linguistics, computer science and or natural language processing.
• Proficiency with programing skills in languages such as SQL, Java, R, Python or similar.
• Basic understanding of systems like Hadoop, Hive and/or MapReduce is desired.
Interested applicants need to forward CV and contact information for 3 references to QHSLinguistics@ccf.org
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.