Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Job posting number: #7058532
Posted: July 15, 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionPost-Doctoral Research Fellow
Dr. Brooke Fridley’s Research Group
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics
Moffitt Cancer Center
The H. Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute is a modern facility in Tampa, Florida. We strive to be the leader in understanding in the complexity of cancer through team science and applying those insights for human benefits. Be part of the cure by joining Moffitt's team of 800 research faculty scientists, career staff scientists, postdocs, graduate students and support staff dedicated to cancer research.
Dr. Brooke Fridley’s Lab, at the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary research. The Department currently has 17 faculty, 2 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 25 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate with Dr. Fridley on statistical genomics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
• Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
• Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
• Knowledge in biology or genetics is desired but not required.
• Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
• Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
• Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
• Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
• Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Brooke Fridley (firstname.lastname@example.org).
H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center & Research Institute is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and a drug free workplace