Job posting number: #7063233
Posted: January 24, 2020
Application Deadline: March 18, 2020
Job DescriptionPostdoctoral Associate
Department of Radiology, University of Pittsburgh
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative Postdoctoral Associate to join our group of physicists, radiologists, engineers, and computer scientists conducting research in medical imaging. The position is supported by an NIH grant to develop a novel method to predict the risk of having breast cancer in the near future, by applying a novel image processing technique and deep convolutional neural networks on sequential screening mammograms. Expected start date of the NIH grant is April 1st, 2020.
• Candidates should have a Ph.D. in physics, engineering, computer science/engineering, or a related field; be an independent thinker with an affinity for research, and have good writing and communication skills.
Preference given to those with experience in
• Breast imaging
• Quantitative image analysis
• Deep learning
• Python, Matlab, C/C++, and/or other packages for deep learning and imaging analysis
Interested candidates should submit the following to Juhun Lee, Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1. Cover letter outlining research interests and achievements.
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Names and contact information of three references.
4. Date of availability
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled